Hi,
On our system we currently initiate a soft commit to SOLR after each
business transaction that initiate an update. Hard commits are automatic
each 2 minutes.
We want to limit the explicit commit and move to autoSoftCommit.

Because of business restrictions:
Online request should be available for searching after 2 seconds.
Update from batch jobs can be available after 10 seconds. (maybe more,
currently on discussion).
There are some transactions that must be available immediately.

Question
I thought about creating 3 different update handlers, each containing a
different autoSoftCommit configuration. Is this an acceptable solution, are
there any downsides in using multiple update handlers?