If you performance was fine but degraded over the time it might be easier to check / increase the memory to have better disk caching.

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl

On 02.12.14 09:27, melb wrote:
Hi,

I have a solr collection with 16 millions documents and growing daily with
10000 documents
recently it is becoming slow to answer my request ( several seconds)
specially when I use multi-words query
I am running solr on a machine with 32G RAM but heavy used one

What are my options to optimize the collection and speed up querying it
is it normal with this volume of data? is sharding is a good solution?

regards,