Thanks a lot Erik. {!field} seems to solve our issue. Much appreciate your help

Regards,
Dinesh Babu.

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Hatcher [mailto:erik.hatc...@gmail.com]
Sent: 05 December 2014 16:00
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to stop Solr tokenising search terms with spaces

try using {!field} instead of {!prefix}.  {!field} will create a phrase query
(or term query if it’s just one term) after analysis.  [it also could construct
other query types if the analysis overlaps tokens, but maybe not relevant here]

Also note that you can use multiple of these expressions if needed:  q={!prefix
f=field1 v=$f1_val} OR {!prefix f=field2 v=$f2_val} where &f1_val=<field 1
value>&f2_val=<field2 value>

        Erik