: With an implicit collection, is it legal to index the same document
: (same unique ID) in 2 different shards? I know, it kind of defeats the
: purpose of having a unique ID...

Each doc (defined by uniqueKey) must exist in one and only one shard ...
when this constraint is violated, you'll start to get undefined behavior
at request time.

: So my actual question is the following: if my search query guaranties
: there will be no duplicate matches, is my search result going to be
: consistent? That's assuming it's "legal" to have duplicates across
: shards from an indexation point of view.

the answer is "probably" -- but that's just an implementation detail at
the moment, it does it's best to account for weird situations like this.
but nothing in the architecture / design garuntees that for you in the
future.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/