On 12/18/2014 12:35 AM, rashi gandhi wrote:
> Also, as per our investigation currently there is work ongoing in SOLR
> community to support this concept of distributed/Global IDF. But, I wanted
> to know if there is any solution possible right now to manage/control the
> score of the documents during distributed search, so that the results seem
> more relevant.

SOLR-1632 covers the distributed IDF issue.  Plans right now are to
include this in Solr 5.0 when it is released.

The only way to have a reasonably accurate distributed score currently
is to load your shards as evenly as possible.  A good way to do this is
to use the hash value of the uniqueKey field as the deciding factor for
which shard gets the request.  This is what SolrCloud does if you let it
handle the routing.

Thanks,
Shawn