On 12/23/2014 1:25 PM, Jens Ivar Jørdre wrote:
> I seek some advice on the use of lib directives in solrconfig.xml in Solr
> Cloud. My project has been tested with Solr 4.10.2 and run nicely on single
> node with the included Jetty. The setup adds a DataImportHandler request
> handler to solrconfig.xml. It also adds a lib directive to solconfig.xml to
> pick up dataimporhandler jars from «../../../dist».

Dominique's answer is the best approach ... but you should remove *all*
<lib> directives from solrconfig.xml.  You don't even need the directive
that he mentioned with "../lib".

Just create a "lib" directory in the same place as your solr.xml and put
all the extra jars needed by all your collections in that directory.
Make sure that all other copies of those jars are not on your classpath.

As of Solr 4.3 (from what I remember, that's the right version),
${solr.solr.home}/lib is automatically included by the resource loader.
Prior to that version, you had to include sharedLib=lib in solr.xml.  I
ran into a problem related to this, a problem that was declared to NOT
be a bug:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-4852?focusedCommentId=13820197&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13820197

Thanks,
Shawn