On 12/29/2014 10:30 PM, Toke Eskildsen wrote:
That being said, I acknowledge that it helps with stories to get a feel of what
can be done.

That's pretty much what I'm after, mostly to reassure myself that it can be done. Even if it does require a lot of hardware (which is fine).

At Lucene/Solr Revolution 2014, Grant Ingersoll also asked for user stories and
pointed to https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrUseCases - sadly it has not caught
on. The only entry is for our (State and University Library, Denmark) setup
with 21TB / 7 billion documents on a single machine. To follow my own advice, I
can elaborate that we have 1-3 concurrent users and a design goal of median
response times below 2 seconds for faceted search. I guess that is at the
larger end at the spectrum for pure size, but at the very low end for usage.

Thanks. I'll try to add some of our use cases!

 - Bram