Hello,

Are we always limited by the query parser syntax when passing a query
string to Solr?
What about the query elements which are not supported by the syntax?
For example, BooleanQuery.setMinimumNumberShouldMatch(n) is translated by
BooleanQuery.toString() into ~n. But this is not a valid query syntax. So
how can we express this via query syntax in Solr?

And more general question:
Given a Lucene Query object which was built programatically by a legacy
code (which is using Lucene and not Solr), is there any way to translate it
into Solr query (which must be a string). As Query.toString() doesn't have
to be a valid Lucene query syntax, does it mean that the Solr query string
must to be manually translated from the Lucene query object? Is there any
utility that performs this job? And, again, what about queries not
supported by the query syntax, like CustomScoreQuery, PayloadTermQuery
etc.? Are we always limited in Solr by the query parser syntax?

Thanks,
Leonid