Thank you for your responses.

However, according to my tests, solr 4.10.3 doesn’t use server by default
anymore due to the removal of these lines in the bin/solr script.

# TODO: see SOLR-3619, need to support server or example
# depending on the version of Solr
if [ -e "$SOLR_TIP/server/start.jar" ]; then
   DEFAULT_SERVER_DIR=$SOLR_TIP/server
else
   DEFAULT_SERVER_DIR=$SOLR_TIP/example
fi

Solr 5.0.0 does in both standalone and solrcloud modes ! This is great !

Dominique
http://www.eolya.fr/