Hello folks,

Let me start by saying that I am new to Lucene and Solr.

I am in the process of designing a search back-end for a system that
receives 20k documents a day and needs to keep them available for 30
days.  The documents should be searchable on a free text field and on
about 8 other fields.

One of my requirements is to index and search documents in multiple
languages.  I would like to have the ability to stem and provide the advanced
search features that are based on it.  This will only affect the free
text field because
the rest of the fields are in English.

I can find out the language of the document before indexing and I
might be able to
provide the language to search on.  I also need to have the ability to
search across all
indexed languages (there will be 20 in total).

Given these requirements do you think this is doable with Solr?  A
major limiting factor
is that I need to stick to the 1.2 GA version and I cannot utilize the
multi-core features in
the 1.3 trunk.

I considered writing my own analyzer that will call the appropriate
Lucene analyzer for the given language
but I did not see any way for it to access the field that specifies
the language of the document.

Thanks,

Eli

p.s. I am looking for an experienced Lucene/Solr consultant to help
with the design of this system.