On 1/21/2015 5:16 PM, Carl Roberts wrote:
> BTW - it seems that is very hard to get started with the Embedded
> server.  The doc is out of date.  The code seems to be untested and buggy.
>
> On 1/21/15, 7:15 PM, Carl Roberts wrote:
>> Hmmm....It looks like FutureTask is calling setException(Throwable t)
>> with this exception which is not making it to the console.
>>
>> What I don't understand is why it is throwing that exception.  I made
>> sure that I added lucene-queries-4.10.3.jar file to the classpath by
>> adding it to the solr home directory.  See the new tracing:

I'm pretty sure that all the lucene jars need to be available *before*
Solr reaches the point in the log that you have quoted, where it adds
jars from ${solr.solr.home}/lib.  This would be the same location where
the solrj and solr-core jars live.  The only kind of jars that should be
in the solr home lib directory are extra jars for extra features that
you might specify in schema.xml (or some places in solrconfig.xml), like
the ICU analysis jars, tika, mysql, etc.

Thanks,
Shawn