This is difficult to diagnose, but hereĀ¹s some questions I would ask
myself:

Can you reliably recreate the error?
Can you recreate the error faster by writing to all 100 collections at
once?
Can you recreate the error faster if I have less nodes?

Is just one solr node or one solr collection throwing the error?

Are all the updates coming from one machine?
Is there some other bottleneck in your network (like a load balancer) that
is limiting connections?

Good luck,
Jim Musil