Have a look here: https://wiki.apache.org/solr/SimpleFacetParameters#Multi-Select_Faceting_and_LocalParams; it might answer your question. Typically what I recommend is to keep the selected facet in view, but without any limitation on its counts. However if you want to hide it altogether, I think you might need to do that in the front end?

-Mike