Hi,

we're using a SolrJ client which either adds (or overwrites) existing documents or updates some meta-data fields of existing documents.

Our default update request processor chain is configured with a processor for language detection. To avoid setting a wrong language, we're using a different chain without that processor for partial updates by setting the "update.chain" request parameter.

Our SolrJ client uses batch indexing and I'm wondering if I can use a single update request with both document additions and partial updates. Is it possible to specify the "update.chain" parameter per document? Currently our client sends two requests, one for partial updates and one for document additions, removals and the commit. This works fine, I'm just wondering if there's a better way.

(We could of course move language detection from the update request processor chain to the SolrJ client.)

Regards,
Andreas