From: Alexandre Rafalovitch <arafa...@gmail.com>
To: solr-user <solr-user@lucene.apache.org>
Sent: Mon, Feb 23, 2015 5:49 pm
Subject: Re: Basic Multilingual search capability

Which languages are you expecting to deal with? Multilingual support
is a complex issue. Even if you think you don't need much, it is
usually a lot more complex than expected, especially around relevancy.

Regards,
   Alex.
----
Sign up for my Solr resources newsletter at http://www.solr-start.com/

On 23 February 2015 at 16:19, Rishi Easwaran <rishi.easwa...@aol.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> For our use case we don't really need to do a lot of manipulation of incoming
text during index time. At most removal of common stop words, tokenize emails/
filenames etc if possible. We get text documents from our end users, which can
be in any language (sometimes combination) and we cannot determine the language
of the incoming text. Language detection at index time is not necessary.

> Which analyzer is recommended to achive basic multilingual search capability
for a use case like this.
> I have read a bunch of posts about using a combination standardtokenizer or
ICUtokenizer, lowercasefilter and reverwildcardfilter factory, but looking for
ideas, suggestions, best practices.