On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 1:30 PM, Michael Della Bitta
<michael.della.bi...@appinions.com> wrote:
> Benson:
>
> Are you trying to run independent invocations of Solr for every node?
> Otherwise, you'd just want to create a 8 shard collection with
> maxShardsPerNode set to 8 (or more I guess).

Michael Della Bitta,

I don't want to run multiple invocations. I just want to exploit
hardware cores with shards. Can you point me at doc for the process
you are referencing here? I confess to some ongoing confusion between
cores and collections.

--benson