Nitin Solanki [nitinml...@gmail.com] wrote:
>                I want to search lakhs of queries/terms concurrently.
>
> Is there any technique to do multiprocessing on Solr?

Each concurrent search in Solr runs in its own thread, so the answer is yes, it
does so out of the box with concurrent searches.

> Is Solr is capable to handle this situation?

Yes and no. There is a limit to the number of concurrent connections and as far
as I remember, it is 10.000 out of the box. If you are using SolrCloud,
deadlocks might happen if you exceed the limit.

Anyway, I would not recommend running 10.000 concurrent searches as it leads to
congestion. You will probably get a higher throughput by queueing your requests
and process then with 100 concurrent searches or so. Do test.

- Toke Eskildsen