Does a query for *:* return all documents? Pick one of those documents and
try a query using a field name and the value of that field for one of the
documents and see if that document is returned.

Maybe you skipped a step in the tutorial process or maybe there was an
error that you ignored.

Please confirm which doc you were reading for the tutorial steps.

-- Jack Krupansky