I was hoping that Benson was hinting at adding a qt.shards.auto=true
parameter to so that would magically use on the path from the incoming
request - and that this would be the default, since that's what most people
would expect.

Or, maybe just add a commented-out custom handler that has the qt.shards
parameter as suggested, to re-emphasize to people that if they want to use
a custom handler in distributed mode, then they will most likely need this
parameter.

-- Jack Krupansky