On 2/28/2015 8:03 PM, Jou Sung-Shik wrote:
> *in Elasticsearch*
>
> # Can optionally include more than one lo # the locations (a la RAID 0) on
> a file l # space on creation. For example:
> #
> # path.data: /path/to/data1,/path/to/data2
>
> *in Apache Solr*
>
> <dataDir>/var/data/solr/</dataDir>
>

> I want to configure multiple index data directory like Elasticsearch in
> Apache Solr.
>
> Is it possible?
>
> How I can reach the goal?

I don't believe this is possible in Solr.

How exactly does ES split the index files when multiple paths are
configured?  I am very curious about exactly how this works.  Google is
not helping me figure it out.  I even grabbed the ES master branch and
wasn't able to trace how path.data is used after it makes it into the
environment.

In truth, for most people I do not really see this feature as all that
much of an advantage.  For best performance, you want to completely
avoid hitting the disk at all -- the index should be entirely cached in
RAM.  When that is achieved, disk performance won't matter.  It could
help in situations where the total index data on a single server is far
too big to ever fit into RAM, or where each disk is small.

Thanks,
Shawn