SOLR-1632 will certainly help. But trying to predict whether your core
A or core B will appear first doesn't really seem like a good use of
time. If you actually have a setup like you describe, add &debug=all
to your query on both cores and you'll see all the gory detail of how
the scores are calculated, providing a definitive answer in _your_
situation.

Best,
Erick