Hello - i would assume off-heap would out perform any heap based data
structure. G1 is only useful if you deal with very large heaps, and it eats CPU
at the same time. As much as G1 is better than CMS in same cases, you would
still have less wasted CPU time and resp. less STW events.

Anyway. if someone has a setup at hand to provide details, please do :)