Hi

I saw that we can define maxShardsPerNode when creating a collection, but I
don't see that I can set something similar for replicas. My scenario is the
following:

   - I setup one Solr node
   - Create collection with numShards=1 and replicationFactor=2
   - Hopefully, one replica is created on that node
   - When I bring up the second Solr node, the second replica will be
   created

What I see is that both replicas are created on the first node, and when I
bring up the second Solr node, none of the replicas are moved.

I know that I can "move" one replica by calling ADDREPLICA on node2, then
DELETEREPLICA on node1, but I was wondering if there's an automated way to
do that.

I've also considered creating the collection with replicationFactor=1 and
when the second node comes up it will look for shards w/ one replica only,
and assign themselves as the replica. But it means I have to own that piece
of logic, where if Solr already does that, that's better.

Also, from what I understand, if I create a collection w/ rf=2 and there
are two nodes, then each node is assigned a replica. If one of the nodes
comes down, and a 3rd node comes up, it will be assigned a replica -- is
that correct?

Another related question, if there are two replicas on node1 and node2, and
node2 goes down -- will node1 be assigned the second replica as well?

If this is explained somewhere, I'd appreciate if you can give me a pointer.

Shai