@Bill Bell

> Did you try debugQuery ?

yes I tried debugQuery, final score calculated is less when I apply
boost="0.002"  in doc field compared to if I left blank but I can't see
where actual this 0.002 is directly impacting( As far as I understand this
is multiplicative so 0.002 technically deboost the doc). I.e I am expecting
some score * 0.002 = new Score.

@Ahmet Arslan

> Did you disable norms ( omitNorms="true" ) accidentally ?

no they are currently enabled omitNorms="false"  for our required fields.

--
ckreddybh. <chaitu...@gmail.com>