OK, this is a bit confused:

1> You're starting two embedded Zookeepers but they don't know about
each other. So looking for the configsets is a bit confused.
2> There's no need to do the bootstrap thing after the first time. The
_very_ first time you do this it pushes the configs up to Zookeeper,
but after that you should just reference the config name.
3> you specify the config name when you _create_ the collection, not
when you start it up. You may be doing this, but your startup.
4> I think you're confusing shards with collections. The equivalent of
older-style cores would be just single-shard _collections_. Configs
are associated on the collection level, not the shard level as all
shards in a collection are presumed (indeed, _must_) use the same
configuration.

HTH,
Erick