Solr dedupe is based on the concept of a signature - some fields and rules
that reduce a document into a discrete signature, and then checking if that
signature exists as a document key that can be looked up quickly in the
index. That's the conceptual basis. It is not based on any kind of field by
field comparison to all existing documents.

-- Jack Krupansky