Hi,

I am trying to delete some documents from my index by posting XML-messages to
the solr. The unique key for the documents in my index is their url. The XML
messages look like this:

For simple urls everything works fine, but if the url contains an '&' like this:

an error occurs because the XML is not valid:

com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxUnexpectedCharException: Unexpected character '=' (code
61); expected a semi-colon after the reference for entity 'b'

Escaping '&' by using '&amp;' does not help, because the query

does not match the url in my index.

How do I need to escape or encode the url in the XML message?

Thank you!
  Jens