Thanks Kaushik & Erick..

Though I can populate uuid by using combination of fields but need to
change the type to "string" else it throws "Invalid UUID String"
<field name="uuid" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"
required="true" multiValued="false"/>

a) I will have ~80 millions records and wondering if performance might be
issue
b) So, during update I can still use combination of fields i.e. uuid ?