Hi folks,

In my DB, my records are nested in a folder base hierarchy:

<Root>
    <Level_1>
        record_1
        record_2
        <Level_2>
            record_3
            record_4
            <Level_3>
                record_5
    <Level_1>
        <Level_2>
            <Level_3>
                record_6
    record_7
    record_8

You got the idea.

Is there anything in Solr that will let me preserve this structer and thus
when I'm searching to tell it in which level to narrow down the search?  I
have four search levels needs:

1) Be able to search inside only level: <Root>.<Level_1>.<Level_2>.* (and
everything under Level_2 from this path).

2) Be able to search inside a level regardless it's path: <Level_2>.* (no
matter where <Level_2> is, i want to search on all records under Level_2
and everything under it's path.

3) Same as #1 but limit the search to within that level (nothing below its
level are searched).

4) Same as #3 but limit the search to within that level (nothing below its
level are searched).

I found this:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Uploading+Data+with+Index+Handlers#UploadingDatawithIndexHandlers-NestedChildDocuments
but it looks like it supports one level only and requires the whole two
levels be updated even if 1 of the doc in the nest is updated.

Thanks

Steve