hi umar, thanks for ur reply ...

As per ur sugesstion i have  done the search,it perfectly worked well...

i have  two more question
1) how to delete an id in a solr ....

i tried some example but there is no changes in my index.

2) How to use an Analyzer for querying and indexing, for example i have
indexed java1.5,java1.6,java in the index, while iam searching i entered a
query like "what is java", it is not fetching any results ,but only if i
give java or java is object oriented language something like that only i can
see the result. I have no idea of what analyser i have to use.

waiting for ur reply,

Thank u.

with regards
Rekha.