: 1) If the content of indexAnalyzer and queryAnalyzer are exactly the same,
: that's the same as if I have an analyzer only, right?

Effectively yes.

Subtle nuance: if you declare 1 analyzer, there is one Analyzer object in
ram.  If you declare both, then there are 2 Analyzer objects in RAM --
even if they are identical.   For some theoretical Analyzer, this might
cause slightly diff behavior (ie: an analyzer that maintains long term
state)

: 2) Under the hood, all three are the same thing when it comes to what kind
: of data and configuration attributes can take, right?

correct.

: What I'm trying to figure out is this: beside being able to configure a
: fieldType to have different analyzer setting at index and query time, there
: is nothing else that's unique about each.

nope.

-Hoss
http://www.lucidworks.com/