Would like to check, will this method of splitting the synonyms into
multiple files use up a lot of memory?

I'm trying it with about 10 files and that collection is not able to be
loaded due to insufficient memory.

Although currently my machine only have 4GB of memory, but I only have
500,000 records indexed, so not sure if there's a significant impact in the
future (even with larger memory) when my index grows and other things like
faceting, highlighting, and carrot tools are implemented.

Regards,
Edwin