Well, "working fine" may be a bit of an overstatement. That has never
been officially supported, so it "just happened" to work in 3.6.

As Chris points out, if you're using SolrCloud then this will _not_
work as routing happens early in the process, i.e. before the analysis
chain gets the token so various copies of the doc will exist on
different shards.

Best,
Erick