response inline.

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 7:01 PM, Shawn Heisey <apa...@elyograg.org> wrote:

> On 5/7/2015 3:43 AM, Rahul Singh wrote:
> >   I have tried to deploy solr.war from building it from 4.7.2 but it is
> > showing the below mentioned error. Has anyone faced the same? any lead
> > would also be appreciated.
> >
> > Error Message:
> >
> > {
> >   "responseHeader": {
> >     "status": 500,
> >     "QTime": 33
> >   },
> >   "error": {
> >     "msg": "parsing error",
> >     "trace":
> > "org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer$RemoteSolrException:
> > parsing error
>
> Did you change the source code in any way before you compiled it?  You
> haven't said what you're actually doing that resulted in this error, or
> given any other details about your setup.  It's good that you've given
> us the full response with the error, but additional details, like the
> request that generated the error and any errors found in the Solr log,
> are important.
>
> just made few build files changes to include my jar for overriding lucene
default similarity.

logs showing following error...

ERROR - 2015-05-08 11:15:25.738; org.apache.solr.common.SolrException;
null:java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: You cannot set an index-time bo
ost on an unindexed field, or one that omits norms
        at org.apache.lucene.document.Field.setBoost(Field.java:452)
        at
org.apache.lucene.document.DocumentStoredFieldVisitor.stringField(DocumentStoredFieldVisitor.java:75)
        at
org.apache.lucene.codecs.compressing.CompressingStoredFieldsReader.readField(CompressingStoredFieldsReader.java:187)
        at
org.apache.lucene.codecs.compressing.CompressingStoredFieldsReader.visitDocument(CompressingStoredFieldsReader.java:351)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.SegmentReader.document(SegmentReader.java:287)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.BaseCompositeReader.document(BaseCompositeReader.java:110)
        at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexReader.document(IndexReader.java:446)
        at
org.apache.solr.search.SolrIndexSearcher.doc(SolrIndexSearcher.java:659)
        at
org.apache.solr.response.BinaryResponseWriter$Resolver.writeResultsBody(BinaryResponseWriter.java:147)
        at
org.apache.solr.response.BinaryResponseWriter$Resolver.writeResults(BinaryResponseWriter.java:174)
        at
org.apache.solr.response.BinaryResponseWriter$Resolver.resolve(BinaryResponseWriter.java:87)
        at
org.apache.solr.common.util.JavaBinCodec.writeVal(JavaBinCodec.java:158)
        at
org.apache.solr.common.util.JavaBinCodec.writeNamedList(JavaBinCodec.java:148)
        at
org.apache.solr.common.util.JavaBinCodec.writeKnownType(JavaBinCodec.java:242)
        at
org.apache.solr.common.util.JavaBinCodec.writeVal(JavaBinCodec.java:153)
        at
org.apache.solr.common.util.JavaBinCodec.marshal(JavaBinCodec.java:96)
        at
org.apache.solr.response.BinaryResponseWriter.write(BinaryResponseWriter.java:51)
        at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.writeResponse(SolrDispatchFilter.java:749)
        at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:428)
        at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:205)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:171)
        at
        at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:950)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:408)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1040)

Because the error comes from HttpSolrServer and is embedded in a Solr
> response, I'm guessing this is a distributed request ... but I can't
> tell if it's SolrCloud or "manual" sharding.

its solr cloud sharding and it's is a solr cloud implementation with two
nodes both of them using the same war.