Not that I know of. "newest doc id" is pretty ambiguous. If I transmit
a batch of 100 docs then commit, they're all committed at once. Which
one, then, is "newest"? And consider what happens if (in SolrCloud)
mode, I send updates to two separate nodes. The docs are forwarded to
the leader for the shard they belong on, and arrival order is not
guaranteed so which one is "newest"?

Your best bet I think is to include, say, a timestamp or some such
that represents what you consider "newest", then just do a *:* query
and sort by your marker descending. The first doc returned will be
what you defined as "newest".

Best,
Erick