bq: has 30'860'099 terms. Is this "too much"

Depends on how you indexed it. If you used shingles, then maybe, maybe
not. If you just do normal text analysis, it's suspicious to say the
least. There are about 300K words in the English language and you have
100X that. So either
1> you have a lot of legitimately unique terms, say part numbers,
SKUs, etc. digits analyzed as text, whatever.
2> you have a lot of garbage in your input. OCR is notorious for this,
as are binary blobs.

The TermsComponent is your friend, it'll allow you to get an idea of
what the actual terms are, it does take a bit of poking around though.

There's no good way I know of to know which docs are taking up space
in the index. What I'd probably do is use Tika in a SolrJ client and
look at the data as I sent it, here's a place to start:
https://lucidworks.com/blog/dev/2012/02/14/indexing-with-solrj/

Best,
Erick