On 5/13/2015 3:36 PM, Steven White wrote:
> Note, I want to avoid a URL base solution (sending the list of fields over
> HTTP) because the list of fields could be large (1000+) and thus I will
> exceed GET limit quickly (does Solr support POST for searching, if so, than
> I can use URL base solution?)

Solr does indeed support a query sent as the body in a POST request.
I'm not completely positive, but I think you'd use the same format as
you put on the URL:

q=foo&rows=1&fq=bar

If anyone knows for sure what should be in the POST body, please let me
and Steven know.  In particular, should the content be URL escaped, as
might be required for a GET?

Thanks,
Shawn