Hi,

I've recently upgrade my system to 16GB RAM. While there's no more
OutofMemory due to the physically memory being full, I get this
"java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: PermGen space". This doesn't happen previously
as I think the physical memory run out first.

This occurs after about 2 days of running the Solr Server continuously, but
the amout of physically memory used is only between 50% to 60%. I have read
that we can set -XXMaxPermSize=256M when starting up the server. Will this
help and prevent such error to occur?

I'm using Solr-5.1.0 with two shards and a replica for each shard, together
with external ZooKeeper 3.4.6

Regards,
Edwin