On 5/20/2015 3:35 PM, John Blythe wrote:
> regarding the new question itself, i'd replied to this thread w more info
> but had the system kick it back to me for some reason. maybe i replied too
> much too soon? anyway, it ended up being a result of my query still being
> in the primary query box instead of moving it to the q.alt box. i'd thought
> the "alt" was indicative of it being an *alternate* query strictly
> speaking. changed it to house the query and voila!

As Erick said, it may have been classified as spam and discarded.  His
advice of using plain text instead of HTML or rich text is one of the
top things to try.  If you actually received a bounce message, that
bounce should have information about why it was rejected.

The q.alt parameter is an alternate query, in *lucene* parser syntax,
that dismax or edismax will execute when the q parameter is empty or
missing.  It is quite common to use q.alt=*:* in the handler defaults so
that if you omit the q parameter or send an empty string, you get all
docs.  If there is a non-empty q parameter, q.alt is ignored.

Thanks,
Shawn