Well, let's see the code. Standard updates should replace the previous
docs, reindexing the same unique ID with fewer fields should show
fewer fields. So something's weird here.

Although do, just for yucks, issue a query on some of the unique ids
in question, I'd be curious if you get more than one back which would
tell us something.

Did you push your schema up to Zookeeper and reload (or restart) your
collection before re-indexing things? And are you sure the documents
are actually getting indexed and that the update is succeeding? (check
your Solr logs probably here).

Best,
Erick