Hi,

I'm trying to apply gzip compression in Solr 5.1. I understand that Running
Solr on Tomcat is no longer supported from Solr 5.0, so I've tried to
implement it in Solr.

I've downloaded jetty-servlets-9.3.0.RC0.jar and placed it in my
webapp\WEB-INF folder, and have added the following in
webapp\WEB-INF\web.xml

  <filter>
    <filter-name>GzipFilter</filter-name>
    <filter-class>org.eclipse.jetty.servlets.GzipFilter</filter-class>
    <init-param>
  <param-name>methods</param-name>
      <param-value>GET,POST</param-value>
      <param-name>mimeTypes</param-name>

<param-value>text/html;charset=UTF-8,text/plain,text/xml,text/json,text/javascript,text/css,text/plain;charset=UTF-8,application/xhtml+xml,application/javascript,image/svg+xml,application/json,application/xml;
charset=UTF-8</param-value>
    </init-param>
  </filter>
  <filter-mapping>
    <filter-name>GzipFilter</filter-name>
    <url-pattern>/*</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>

However, when I start Solr and check the browser, there's no gzip
compression. Is there anything which I configure wrongly or might have
missed out? I'm also running zookeeper-3.4.6.

Regards,
Edwin