Hi Aman,

Start with creating a jira account and vote/watch that issue.
Post on the issue to see if there is still interest on this.
Declare that you will be volunteer and ask kindly for guidance.
Creator of the issue or one the watchers may respond.
Try to digest ideas discussed on the issue. Rise yours. Collaborate.
Don't get discouraged if nobody responds, please remember that committers are
busy people.

If you have implement something you want to share, upload a patch :
https://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute

Good luck,
Ahmet