On 5/28/2015 3:08 PM, Shawn Heisey wrote:
> Because we are planning a change on this field in the database to
> decimal, I tried changing the price field on both solr servers to double
> -- TrieDoubleField with precisionStep set to 0.  This didn't fix the
> problem.  Dev was still fine, production throws the exception shown.
> The source database is still integer ... so why is it showing "0.0" as
> the value?

I was too hasty in this part of my message.  On the copy of the index
where I changed the type to double, it IS working.  The error messages
were coming from the copy of the index where I haven't yet changed it --
the online copy that is being used for queries.  I had to wipe the
indexes on the fixed copy because the schema changed.

The initial problem (suddenly getting floating point numbers from an
integer database column) just appeared out of the blue, with the only
notable difference between the two systems being the Java version.  The
Linux kernel and associated software is different as well, but that
seems less likely to cause problems.

Thanks,
Shawn