We cannot downgrade httpclient in solrj5 because its using new features and
we dont want to start altering solr code, anyway we thought about upgrading
httpclient in hadoop but as Erick said its sounds more work than just put
the jar in the data nodes.

About that flag we tried it, hadoop even has an environment variable
HADOOP_USER_CLASSPATH_FIRST but all our tests with that flag failed.

We thought this is an issue that is more likely that solr users will
encounter rather than cloudera users, so we will be glad for a more elegant
solution or workaround than to replace the httpclient jar in the data nodes

Thank you all for your responses