The CollapsingQParserPlugin does not provide facet counts that are them
same as the group.facet feature in Grouping. It provides facet counts that
behave like group.truncate.

The CollapsingQParserPlugin only collapses the result set. The facets
counts are then generated for the collapsed result set by the
FacetComponent.

This has been a hot topic of late.

Joel Bernstein
http://joelsolr.blogspot.com/