On Wed, Jun 24, 2015, at 02:50 PM, sudeep kumar wrote:
> I want to know what is impact to disable term vector to existing
> production environment, I mean how new segments create and how old
> segments will merge with new segments because before this term vector was
> enable.
>
> I have one more question Is schema.xml file read during solr core
> optimization?

Generally, if you disable something like that, the data will stay in the
index but become inaccessible. Then, as segments are merged, the new
segments will exclude that data.

schema.xml is read at startup and when cores are reloaded. Generally,
you shouldn't be optimizing these days - it actually, ironically, makes
things much less optimal.

Upayavira