On 6/29/2015 9:12 AM, Bernd Fehling wrote:
> while just trying cursorMark I got the following search response:
>
> "error": {
>     "msg": "Can not search using both cursorMark and timeAllowed",
>     "code": 400
> }
>

> Yes, I'm using timeAllowed which is set in my requestHandler as
> invariant to 60000 (60 seconds) as a limit to "killer searches".
>
> Have nothing found in the ref guides, docs, wiki, examples about this mutually
> exclusive parameters.
>
> Is this a bug or a feature and if it is a feature, where is the sense of this?

It appears to have been disallowed almost from the beginning of the
cursorMark feature.  It was not present in the first versions of the
patch, but it was already incorporated before anything got committed to SVN.

The reasons for the incompatibility are not clear from the issue notes,
so either hossman or sarowe may need to comment about what makes the two
features fundamentally incompatible, and that info needs to go into the
documentation.

Thanks,
Shawn