Showing your debug query would clarify the situation, but I assume you got
into a classic multi-word synonym problem[1] .
Hope the documents I pointed out are good for you.

Cheers

[1] http://nolanlawson.com/2012/10/31/better-synonym-handling-in-solr/
[2]
http://lucidworks.com/blog/solution-for-multi-term-synonyms-in-lucenesolr-using-the-auto-phrasing-tokenfilter/