Hi All,

I did a load test with a total of 800 requests (at 40 concurrent requests
per second) to be executed against Solr index with 14 M records. Performance
was good (< 1 second) especially after a short period of time of the test.
BTW, the second round of load test was even better.

The local machine has a free memory of about 15 G during the load test

I observed the following from the stats page:

(1) documentCache reached the configured size for documentCache with a hit
ratio of 0.66
(2) filterCache has 2519 hits with a hit ratio of 0.63. The size is 1465
(less than a configured size: 16384)
(3) queryResultCache has a hit ratio of 0
(4) fieldValueCache has a hit ratio of 0

The following are the cache configuration in solrconfig.xml

 <documentCache
      class="solr.LRUCache"
      size="16384"
      initialSize="512"
      autowarmCount="0"/>

<filterCache
      class="solr.LRUCache"
      size="16384"
      initialSize="4096"
      autowarmCount="256"/>

<queryResultCache
      class="solr.LRUCache"
      size="16384"
      initialSize="4096"
      autowarmCount="256"/>

It looks like I need to increase the size of documentCache. The hit ratio of
zero for queryResultCache and fieldValueCache was surprising (zero). Is it
possible that this is due to randomly generated requests?

What are some guideline in tuning the cache parameter?

Thanks