Solr ships with XML processing example for DIH in the examples
directory (RSS core). In your case, you will most probably read the
filelist or directory list and then run XML processor as a nested
entity. So, check the nested example at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Uploading+Structured+Data+Store+Data+with+the+Data+Import+Handler

Regards,
    Alex.
----
Solr Analyzers, Tokenizers, Filters, URPs and even a newsletter:
http://www.solr-start.com/